In his prophetic foreword, Fangio anticipates the importance Piero Taruffi's book would have for a generation of new drivers.
Trained as both a racing driver and an industrial engineer, Taruffi provides a unique perspective on the art and science
of motor racing. He drove for the works teams of Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, MB, and others in a career that spanned
over 25 years and was crowned by his victory in the 1957 Mille Miglia.
First published in 1959, this book has become the standard by which other driving texts are measured.
More Library Books
- BMW 3-Series Service Manual by Robert Bentley Publishers. Service manual
for 1984-1990, 318i, 325, 325e, 325es, 325i, 325is, 325i Convertible.
- BMW 5-Series Service Manual by Robert Bentley Publishers. Service manual
for 1982-1988 BMW 528e, 533i, 535i, 535is.
- BMW Enthusiast's Companion by BMW CCA Members. A summary of driving,
performance, service, and tech tips from the BMW CCA Roundel.
- Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management: How to Understand, Service, and Modify
by Charles O. Probst, SAE. The authoritative manual on Bosch Fuel injection.
- Sports Car and Competition Driving by Paul Frere. What separated
Frere's book from other driving texts is his unique blend of theory and practice, based on a career as racer and trained
- Think to Win by Don Alexander. This book teaches you how to analyze your driving,
pinpoint specific problem areas and remove the obstacles that keep you from winning.