The 3 Series Service Manual by Robert Bentley Publishers covers the 1984-1990, 318i, 325, 325e, 325es, 325i, 325is, and 325i Convertible. It includes:
- Explanations of troubleshooting techniques, workshop practices, and use of tools.
- Complete preventive maintenance procedures for everything from the yearly brake fluid change to resetting the oil service indicator and oxygen sensor lights.
- Large, easy-to-read wiring schematics for all major circuits, along with a full listing of ground points, connector and splice locations, and electronic component locations.
- Comprehensive Engine Management information explains specific BMW driveability problems, with detailed troubleshooting and repair for Bosch L-Jetronic Fuel Injection and Motronic Engine Management Systems. The Motronic 1.1 information is not covered in BMW's factory repair manual.
- Troubleshooting tips with fast, proven repair procedures used by BMW technicians and specialists.
- Critical updates and hard-to-find information from dealer service bulletins.
- Complete procedures and specifications for rebuilding these engines: 1.8 liter 4-cylinder (B18), 2.7 liter 6-cylinder (B27), 2.5 liter 6-cylinder (B25)
- Complete procedures and specifications for rebuilding these transmissions: Getrag 240 (4-cylinder), Getrag 260 (6-cylinder)
More Library Books
- BMW 5-Series Service Manual by Robert Bentley Publishers. Service manual for 1982-1988 BMW 528e, 533i, 535i, 535is.
- BMW Enthusiast's Companion by BMW CCA Members. A summary of driving, performance, service, and tech tips from the BMW CCA Roundel.
- Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management: How to Understand, Service, and Modify by Charles O. Probst, SAE. The authoritative manual on Bosch Fuel injection.
- Sports Car and Competition Driving by Paul Frere. What separated Frere's book from other driving texts is his unique blend of theory and practice, based on a career as racer and trained engineer.
- The Technique of Motor Racing by Pierro Taruffi. Trained as both a racing driver and an industrial engineer, Taruffi provides a unique perspective on the art and science of motor racing.
- Think to Win by Don Alexander. This book teaches you how to analyze your driving, pinpoint specific problem areas and remove the obstacles that keep you from winning.