Boston Chapter Ultimate Event
Karting in the Great Outdoors
Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Boston Chapter Driving EventKarting in the Great Outdoors
Sunday, Jul 09, 2017
1:00 pm - 3:30 pmEvent Registration
Registration currently is open
Friday, May 5 through
Sunday, Jul 2 LocationF1 Outdoors
798 North Bedford Street, (Rt. 18)
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
508.350.1000Event RegistrarBrandon MulkernEvent CoordinatorBrandon Mulkern
After the success of our indoor Karting Challenge Series, we’re venturing into the great outdoors for a different kind of karting excitement. Our first outdoor karting event of the season is scheduled for Sunday July 9th and will be an individual event. Three qualifying races will determine the 15 grid position for the final, with the winner taking a victory lap and receiving their trophy.
Everything is bigger and faster at the F1 Outdoors track in East Bridgewater, MA. We will be running our event on the Grand Prix Circuit which is nearly 1 mile long. The karts are also more powerful and can reach speeds in excess of 50 mph. While this may not seem fast in the luxurious confines of your “Ultimate Driving Machine”, sitting a couple of inches from the ground with no suspension, you’ll definitely become one with the kart – and those corners will come up on you really fast!
This is real wheel-to-wheel racing without the expense of maintaining your own club race car, and the g-forces exceed anything you’ll experience at a driving school or autocross. These open-wheel racing karts offer a great way to learn about car control. You can see exactly where the wheels are pointed, and then compare their location with what direction the kart actually ends up going. Then, your next time around the track, you can alter your line and see how the kart responds to your new inputs.
Best of all, you need only arrive and drive – be 18 years old and have a valid drivers license You can certainly bring your own full-face helmet or driving suit if you own them, but if you don’t, F1 Outdoors provides all the necessary equipment. For safety sake, be sure to wear closed-toe shoes.
So plan to join the fun this Summer and Fall on the same track that professional kart racers drive in their shifter karts at speeds exceeding 100 mph. If you wish to learn more about the F1 Outdoors facility, what they like to call the “gold standard of kart racing venues”, go to their website at f1outdoors.com.
All individual registrants are expected to be members of the BMWCCA or affiliated clubs with whom we have reciprocity for their events. Be prepared to show a valid membership card when you arrive at the event. You may also bring a guest provided they are paid for at the time of registration.
Here are the details:
· The event will be held at F1 Outdoors in East Bridgewater, MA and will be run on their Grand Prix Circuit. For more information about the facility (including directions), visit their website at F1outdoors.com.
· The individual entry fee is $90.
· Registration opens May 5th and will close July 2nd, but since only 40 drivers can participate, sign up early to ensure you secure a place on the starting grid.
· Arrive promptly at 1:00pm. on Sunday July 9th to sign waivers, be weighed-in, hear the safety briefing, and have F1 assign and post the race lineups.
· The qualifying races will commence at 2:00 pm.
· The trophy ceremony will take place at about 3:30 p.m.
· Should we have severe weather Sunday morning, please call 508-350-1000 to confirm that the event will still take place. If Mother Nature forces us to cancel, we will re-schedule later this summer, and anyone unable to make the new date will receive a full refund.
· CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Other than if we are forced to cancel the event due to severe weather, in order to receive a refund of your entry fee, you must cancel ten days prior to the event AND we must find another driver to take your spot in the event. All cancellations requiring a refund will be charged a $10 processing fee regardless of when they are received.
Any questions about the event can be addressed to Brandon Mulkern, (email@example.com).