Boston Chapter Ultimate Event
Karting 90-Minute Team Enduro
Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Boston Chapter Social EventKarting 90-Minute Team Enduro
Sunday, Oct 02, 2011
10:00 am - 1:00 pmEvent Registration
Registration Closed on Sep 25LocationF1 Outdoors
798 North Bedford Street, (Rt. 18)
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
Event RegistrarDennis FriedmanEvent CoordinatorDennis Friedman
Note: this event ended in the past. The data on this page is presented for historical reasons only, and the data may be outdated and/or links may not work. Our last outdoor karting event is scheduled for Sunday October 2nd and will be a 90-minute Team Enduro. Fifteen teams of 3 or 4 drivers will compete for outdoor bragging rights. There will be 7 mandatory pit stops, but their timing and the scheduling of driver changes is determined by each team. The objective is to run fast, run clean, and not get hung up in pit lane for too long.
Click here for the current calendar of events
Everything is bigger and faster at the F1 Outdoors track in East Bridgewater, MA. We will be running our event on the Grand Prix Circuit which is just over 1 mile long. The karts are also more powerful and can reach speeds in excess of 50 mph. While this may not seem fast in the luxurious confines of your “Ultimate Driving Machine”, sitting a couple of inches from the ground with no suspension, you’ll definitely become one with the kart – and those corners will come up on you really fast!
This is real wheel-to-wheel racing without the expense of maintaining your own club race car, and the g-forces exceed anything you’ll experience at a driving school or autocross. It’s also a great way to learn about car control in these open-wheel racing karts. You can see exactly where the wheels are pointed, and then compare their location with what direction the kart actually ends up going. Then the next time into a given corner you can alter your line and see how the kart responds with your new inputs.
Best of all, you need only arrive and drive – be 18 years old and have a valid drivers license You can certainly bring your own full-face helmet or driving suit if you own them, but if you don’t, F1 Outdoors provides all the necessary equipment.
You may register either individually or as a team. All individual registrants and “team captains” must be members of the BMWCCA or affiliated clubs with whom we have reciprocity for their events. Be prepared to show your valid membership card when you arrive at the event.
All individual registrants are expected to be members of the BMWCCA or affiliated clubs with whom we have reciprocity for their events. Be prepared to show a valid membership card when you arrive at the event.
Here are the details:
• The event will be held at F1 Outdoors in East Bridgewater, MA and will run on their Grand Prix Circuit. For more information about the facility (including directions), visit their website at F1outdoors.com.
• Arrive promptly at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday October 2nd to sign waivers, weigh in, and hear the safety briefing.
• Registration opens August 15th and will close September 25th, but since we are only guaranteed 15 teams, sign up early to ensure you secure a place on the starting grid.
• You may register for $70 as an individual and be assigned to a 4-driver team. or for $280 as a “team captain” of a 3-driver or 4 driver team. If you register as a “team captain”, you will need to provide the names of your teammates.
• Practice will begin at 11:00 a.m., and the race itself will commence at approximately 11:30 a.m., with the winner being the team that completes the most laps in 90 minutes.
• The trophy ceremony will take place around 1:30 p.m.
• Should we have severe weather Sunday morning, please call 508-350-1000 to confirm that the event will still take place. If Mother Nature forces us to cancel, we will attempt to re-schedule before the outdoor season ends, and anyone unable to participate on the new date will receive a full refund.
• CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund of your entry fee, you must cancel at least ten days prior to the event AND we must find another driver to take your spot in the event. All cancellations requiring a refund will be charged a $10 processing fee regardless of when received.
Any questions about the event can be addressed to Dennis Friedman, (use the Event Registrar link above to send email) , or feel free to call 781-740-1660 during the day or until 10:00 p.m.