Boston Chapter Ultimate Event
2018 90-Minute Karting Enduro
Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 1:30 pm - 4:30pm
Boston Chapter Driving Event2018 90-Minute Karting Enduro
Saturday, Oct 27, 2018
1:30 pm - 4:30pmEvent Registration
Registration Closed on Oct 25LocationX1 Outdoors
798 North Bedford Street, (Rt. 18)
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
email@example.comEvent CoordinatorBrandon Mulkern
Note: this event ended in the past. The data on this page is presented for historical reasons only, and the data may be outdated and/or links may not work. Do you have what it takes to run a 90-minute kart race? Our third outdoor karting event of the season will be a team endurance event. Fifteen teams of 3 or 4 drivers will compete for outdoor bragging rights. There will be 7 mandatory pit stops, but their timing and the scheduling of driver changes is determined by each team. The objective is to run fast, run clean, and not get hung up in pit lane for too long.
Click here for the current calendar of events
Everything is bigger and faster at the X1 Outdoors track in East Bridgewater, MA. We will be running our event on the Grand Prix Circuit which is nearly 1 mile long. The karts are also more powerful and can reach speeds in excess of 50 mph. While this may not seem fast in the luxurious confines of your “Ultimate Driving Machine”, sitting a couple of inches from the ground with no suspension, you’ll definitely become one with the kart – and those corners will come up on you really fast!
This is real wheel-to-wheel racing without the expense of maintaining your own club race car, and the g-forces exceed anything you’ll experience at a driving school or autocross. These open-wheel racing karts offer a great way to learn about car control. You can see exactly where the wheels are pointed, and then compare their location with what direction the kart actually ends up going. Then, your next time around the track, you can alter your line and see how the kart responds to your new inputs.
Best of all, you need only arrive and drive – be 18 years old and have a valid drivers license You can certainly bring your own full-face helmet or driving suit if you own them, but if you don’t, X1 Outdoors provides all the necessary equipment. For safety sake, be sure to wear closed-toe shoes.
So plan to join the fun this Summer and Fall on the same track that professional kart racers drive in their shifter karts at speeds exceeding 100 mph. If you wish to learn more about the X1 Outdoors facility, what they like to call the “gold standard of kart racing venues”, go to their website at X1outdoors.com.
You may register either individually or as a team. If you register individually, you will be placed on a team with 3 other registrants. If you register as a "team captain", you will be asked to specify the 2 or 3 other members of your team.
Here are the details:
· The event will be held at X1 Outdoors in East Bridgewater, MA and will run on their Grand Prix Circuit. For more information about the facility (including directions), visit their website at X1outdoors.com.
· Arrive promptly at 1:30 p.m. to sign waivers, weigh in, hear the safety briefing, and have your team assigned a weight for the race.
· Since we are only guaranteed 15 teams, sign up early to ensure you secure a place on the starting grid.
· You may register for $80 as an individual and be assigned to a 4-driver team, or register as a “team captain” for $300 and specify the 2 or 3 other drivers on your team.
· Practice will begin at 2:30 p.m., and the race itself will commence at approximately 3:00 p.m., with the winner being the team that completes the most laps in 90 minutes.
· Should we have severe weather in the morning, please call 508-350-1000 to confirm that the event will still take place. If Mother Nature forces us to cancel, we will re-schedule later this summer, and anyone unable to make the new date will receive a full refund.
· CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Other than if we are forced to cancel the event due to severe weather, in order to receive a refund of your entry fee, you must cancel ten days prior to the event AND we must find another driver to take your spot in the event. All cancellations requiring a refund will be charged a $10 processing fee regardless of when they are received.
Any questions about the event can be addressed to Brandon Mulkern, (firstname.lastname@example.org).